- 250 grams pork, use ground lean pork
- 100 grams shrimp, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 small jicama (singkamas), diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 4 stalks kinchay (parsley), minced
- 1 egg
- lumpia wrapper
- oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- Mix all the ingredients (except the lumpia wrapper and oil) together very well in a bowl.
- Wrap mixture in lumpia wrappers.
- Heat oil. Fry lumpia until golden brown and serve while hot with sweet and sour sauce.
- Make sweet and sour sauce: Place brown sugar, vinegar, salt, and water in a non-aluminum saucepan. Stir only when it begins to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, add slurry made of flour and water, and mix continuously until a smooth sauce is achieved. Depending on the flour you use, you may need a little more or less of the slurry. Add a little at a time until you get the desired consistency.